Unhappy With Your Seattle Managed IT Services? Try PTO
Large and small enterprises see expanding the reach of their technology platforms as key to future growth. The need for experienced guidance in installing and maintaining viable IT architecture has led to increased demand over the years for managed IT services. That puts added pressure on Seattle Managed Service Providers (MSPs) to deliver on customer expectations in a challenging digital environment. The disconnect stemming from what technology consulting can provide and what small and medium sized businesses actually need.
Low Customer Satisfaction with Traditional IT Services in Seattle
A recent survey asked 402 businesses about their current level of satisfaction with their MSP. These clients were asked about the likelihood of them recommending their MSP to another enterprise. The results showed an average Net Promoter Score (NPS) of 13. The average rating benchmark for B2B services is 20 to 25. Most other B2B professional services achieved ratings of 30 and over.
Common Managed Service Provider Definitions
The key to improving the relationship between clients and their MSP is better communication and understanding of common IT support roles within an organization. Let’s go over a few terms your business may have come across when evaluating your IT services needs. Understanding the intent and limitations of each role will help illustrate why working with a Professional Technology Organization (PTO) can be the answer for your company going forward.
Managed Service Provider (MSP)
An MSP traditionally steps in to assist clients with setting up hardware, software and responding to issues related to their IT needs. The tickets submitted for these services fall into three categories:
- Break-Fix or Response to IT Issues
The MSP steps in when something that was previously working stops responding.
- IT Maintenance
MSPs perform proactive maintenance tasks designed to keep your systems running smoothly.
- IT Service Requests
Items in this category cover any new requirements for the organization. This could be anything from setting up for a new employee to adding and setting up software not outlined in the Service Level Agreement (SLA) currently in place.
The term systems integrator is a term often used during the early days of IT support to refer to a person who stepped in for any IT needs. This involves doing anything from applying software patches to setting up your desktop for a new hire. The fluidity of the role made it hard to nail down the proper compensation for their rendered services.
A value-added reseller functioned very similarly to a systems integrator. They discovered and purchased technology created by other companies and sold it to clients at a marked-up price. The tech often came attached to packages sold by the reseller, who then installed and set everything up within a client’s organization, usually as a one-time deal.
The term “As-A-Service” has become a catch-all phrase often thrown around for a variety of service platform offerings. MSPs use it in reference to hardware-as-a-service (HaaS), accounting for the equipment provided to clients to run their organization. Infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) provides secure, separate networks from your physical building. Most “As-A-Service” contracts from providers like Microsoft or Apple are rigid and not adaptable to the ever-changing needs of organizations.
PROFESSIONAL TECHNOLOGY ORGANIZATION (PTO): BEYOND THE BASICS
Net-Tech believes that the IT services Seattle organizations receive should do more than meet the minimum standards usually attributed to that role. Net-Tech is a Professional Technology Organization (PTO), designed to meet every client’s IT needs. A PTO fully manages your IT needs, including hardware, software and service, in a way that is affordable, scalable and standardized.
IT Support at One Predictable Cost
We use clearly defined fee schedules for all services, allowing you to customize the layout and design of your IT software while using a standardized hardware setup as the base. Our clients gain flexibility and price transparency when it comes to accommodating any changes like new hires, employee departures and adding new technology.
You have options. With our Total Care program (TC), we partner with you as you outsource the execution of the key components of your IT strategy to us. Our Total Care Cloud service (TCC) is an IT subscription program where we strategize, plan, implement and manage all aspects of your IT.
Advantages of a PTO
- Streamlined Services – You receive labor, equipment and other IT services rolled up into one package instead of being separated into individual components. This eliminates gaps that can occur when these components are managed separately. Additionally, these services are delivered in parallel to a client’s hiring and firing needs. Net-Tech absorbs the costs of adding or removing any computer hardware based on your current staffing needs. We make sure you have what you need without your business incurring additional charges, allowing for predictability in budgeting.
- Ongoing IT Support – Our package structure allows us to support your company in your day-to-day needs. Unlike traditional MSPs, we’re there to follow-up on any issues without requiring you to pay us extra for that support.
- With the Total Care IT subscription program, you receive unlimited onsite and remote support for your team members when they need additional help.
- With the Total Care Cloud program, you receive access to 24/7/365 US-based help desk IT support. Our experts will bring their knowledge and skills to your problems when you need them.
Whether you choose the Total Care or Total Care Cloud IT subscription program, once you know your cost, that’s your final monthly IT cost. There are no surprise bills or extra budgetary stress.
- Future-Proofed Infrastructure – We provide our clients with a solid technological foundation that is still structured to their individual needs. We don’t over-customize hardware or software to the point where the rigidity becomes a liability for your business. You keep the unique flavor of your company while giving every employee access to a common technological platform, giving your business the freedom to grow and expand as needed.
Keep in mind your organization’s changing cybersecurity needs as well. Hackers are constantly evolving their methods. New software is developed to combat those attacks, but rolling out those cybersecurity tools could end up creating major costs with a traditional MSP. With our IT subscription program, you can expect those new tools at the same monthly cost you always pay.
Are you ready to work with a Professional Technology Organization that will deliver the right IT solutions for your company? Contact Net-Tech today!